A non-invasive, painless technique to treat Chronic and Acute Pain. Microcurrent Therapy is a technique for treating pain that uses low-level electrical current. The currents used in Microcurrent Therapy are so low that the patient often does not feel them.
The current is delivered to certain parts of the body in an attempt to relieve the pain. Frequencies have a direct effect on our bodies and can almost instantaneously change the chemistry. For example, there are frequencies clinically proven to reduce inflammation and others that improve circulation. It’s like writing a computer program for our bodies to heal.
What to Expect
The procedure is quick and painless; you're in and out of the office in 30 minutes.
The number of procedures you will need will vary based on your specific condition, the amount of time you’ve had it, etc.
The process is repeated 2-4 times a week until maximum improvement is seen. A maintenance regimen is often prescribed to prevent recurrence. Maintenance may be as little as 1-2 times per month.
Microcurrent Therapy treatment can and often results in a complete absence of or control of symptoms, even in severe conditions that have been present for years. There are frequencies clinically proven to reduce inflammation and others that improve circulation.
- Chronic and difficult to treat pain
- Post-surgical pain/bruising
- Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Migraine and Headaches
- Plantar fasciitis
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Disc injuries
- Neuropathy (idiopathic, peripheral neuropathy, diabetic)
- Neuromas (overgrowth and scarring to a nerve after an injury)
- Tendinopathy (inflammation and/or swelling of the tendon)
- Acute (sudden) and chronic (long-term) musculoskeletal injuries
- Acute and chronic nerve pain
- Chronic fracture and bone pain
- Immune support
- Disc injuries/discogenic- and facet-based pain
- Hormone regulation, PCOS
Initial Consultation Required
An initial consultation with the acupuncturist is required to find out if you are a candidate for Microcurrent Therapy.
If you are determined to be a candidate, we can perform your first procedure on the same day.